Last fall the City launched the ePermit Building Permit Service that allowed residents, contractors and tradesmen the ability to submit more than 20 different building permits and forms electronically for review. Due to the overwhelming popularity of the ePermit Program, and in a continuing effort to better serve customers, Development Services then expanded service hours when they launched the “Digital Friday” Permit Service Pilot Program.
As the pilot program continues, staff will continue to study the overall customer service experience, speed and accuracy of the service, and level of interest from the community. Results will determine if expansion or continuation of the Digital Friday program is warranted. To qualify for the Digital Friday Permit Service the following guidelines must be met:
- Only ePermit “short review” permits will be accepted, excluding demolition, ROW utility and dumpster enclosures
- Guarantee plan review; if approved permit will be issued
- Contractor must be pre-approved with verified insurance, workman's comp and contractor license
- Maximum of 10 permit applications per contractors per Digital Friday
- No walk-ins accepted
- Plan Reviewers will not be available for consultation
- Submissions must be emailed to ePermits@hollywoodfl.org
- Solely use the internet service to manage permits, including valid credit card payment by 2:00 p.m. Friday
- Apply for permits Thursday evenings and Friday morning (6:00 p.m. Thursday through 10:00 a.m. Friday)
- Be flexible and have a flexible staff who are open to change during the pilot test
- Provide regular feedback based on your experience to help improve the process
- Applications in a Historic District may be delayed as additional review may be required
Permit types available at this time are limited to:
- a/c replacement and remove and reset
- electrical work
- water heater
- plumbing work
- pump and abandonment
- service change
- limited window and door replacement
For inquiries or other information requiring Digital Friday’s, please call 954.921.3335. You may also inquire in person at the second floor lobby, City Hall, 2600 Hollywood Boulevard during normal business hours, Monday through Thursday from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
To register to take part in the Digital Friday pilot program, please email Christina Gordon at email@example.com.